STAINED GLASS WINDOW DECORATIONS - STAINED GLASS
STAINED GLASS WINDOW DECORATIONS - DECORATING MIRRORED WALLS.
Stained Glass Window Decorations
- (Window decoration) In graphical computing, window decorations are provided by window managers to improve the usability of a multi-windowed desktop.
- The term stained glass can refer to coloured glass as a material or to works made from it. Throughout its thousand-year history, the term has been applied almost exclusively to the windows of churches and other significant buildings.
- Stained Glass is a 1978 Blackford Oakes novel by William F. Buckley, Jr. It is the second novel in the series.
- Colored glass used to form decorative or pictorial designs, notably for church windows, both by painting and esp. by setting contrasting pieces in a lead framework like a mosaic
- glass that has been colored in some way; used for church windows
Stained Glass of the Shah Alam's Blue Mosque
The term stained glass refers either to the material of coloured glass or to the art and craft of working with it.
As a material the term generally refers to glass that has been coloured by adding metallic salts during its manufacture. The coloured glass is crafted into stained glass windows in which small pieces of glass are arranged to form patterns or pictures, held together (traditionally) by strips of lead and supported by a rigid frame.
Painted details and yellow stain are often used to enhance the design. The term stained glass is also applied to windows in which all the colours have been painted onto the glass and then annealed in a furnace.
Stained glass, as an art and a craft, requires the artistic skill to conceive the design, and the engineering skills necessary to assemble the decorative piece, traditionally a window, so that it is capable of supporting its own weight and surviving the elements.
Although usually set into windows, the purpose of stained glass is not to allow those within a building to see out or even primarily to admit light but rather to control it. For this reason stained glass windows have been described as 'illuminated wall decorations'.
One of stained glasses inside The Holy Mother of consolation Parish Church in Zyrardow. There are 6 stained glasses with the flowery motifs in Art Nouveau style made by Franciszek Bialkowski according to the design attributed to Jozef Mehoffer. They are in aisles of church (3 at left and 3 at right side). They show Polish flowers: cornflowers (on photo), mallows, sunflowers, lilies, chrysanthemum and poppies (every stained glass show other flower). The photo is not good, but these stained glasses are really beautiful.
Bardzo lubie te kwiatowe witraze. Wygladaja naprawde pieknie, tyle ze na zdjeciu nijak to nie wychodzi (juz kilka razy probowalam)...
country western decorations
medieval party decoration
outdoor lighted decoration
dress design decor
high school graduation decorating ideas
surf bathroom decor
retro room decor
retro christmas decorations
home decorating living rooms
wedding event decoration